Sunday, August 3, 2008

16.9K this morning

This morning, I did another "16K" run. It was a beautiful day for a run. I'm glad The Running Room starts these runs at 8:30 AM so that it doesn't get too warm by the time we are finished. (Although in October I may be singing a different tune.)

The run was a bit of a different route than last time - and I like the change up. The group was quite a bit smaller today - a lot of people were out of town for the long weekend.

We ran 10 and 1's again today. I like the rhythym that we get into with these runs. It keeps your sanity knowing that you 'only' have to run for 10 minutes at a time.

I didn't do any runs this week so I was a little concerned how I would do - but I felt pretty good. I did some extra stretching this week to work on the areas that felt tight.

I have to admit that I feel a little 'flat' or fatigued with the mix of running and going to the gym. I am considering scaling back on the gym to 2 times per week - we'll see what happens.

That's about it for now. The runs start getting a bit longer from here on in and then we get into some hill training... yaay!

No comments: