Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why I'm Running It...

I read Graham's post and it got me thinking. Thinking way back to when I first started with Innovative...35lbs heavier, though only a fraction of who I am today. I remember working out with Curtis...almost dying from the exertion (a little bit of drama perhaps), and then, during stretching, Curtis raised the topic of setting some fitness goals. It was November 2006, and he said..."How about a marathon....New York in 2008?" At the time, I must have looked pretty terrified, because Curtis, in his infinite wisdom, changed his suggestion to the Sun Run in April of 2007. I remember thinking..."Me...a marathon?...No way!!" The Sun Run, though still scary, seemed less so compared to a marathon...it was what I could handle in that moment.
Well, life has taken some pretty amazing turns since then, and I was one of the people that Graham supported at the Honolulu Marathon. Graham is somebody very special and it was so great having him there for us.
So why am I running New York? Well, partly because, thanks to Curtis and his team, I now know I can do things like marathons, but mainly because of the wonderful group of people who are also doing it.
It's going to be so great to be with Graham after he completes...no...after he ROCKS his first marathon...I won't be able to film him like he did me, but I'm sure going to give him a big hug.

No comments: