Friday, July 4, 2008

The Ipod Dilemma...or Opportunity?

During the Honolulu Marathon, I saved the big guns (that would be my ipod) for when I really needed it, so I didn't worry too much about how many hours were on it, though there were about 10. It was awesome to experience the atmosphere of the marathon without tunes, but, around mile 20, when I wanted to die, I put the earphones in and was instantly recharged. I will probably do the same for NYC, but I have an idea that I think our whole group should do.
I think we should email each other a song that reminds each of us of each other. So, I would choose a song that depicts Graham and he would do the same for me. Keeping in mind, of course, that the song should be motivating and upbeat...I'd be pretty deflated if everybody emailed ballads to me :).
A marathon is a very solitary thing, but having a playlist comprised, at least in part, of songs from friends would make it a little less lonely.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

MJ said...

Best running song I know of: Lose Yourself - Eminem

Try it out.... the beat is perfect for my cadence (most times) and the lyrics are awesome:

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

"So here I go is my shot.
Feet fail me not cause maybe the only opportunity that I got"

MJ said...

One more thing.... this song actually makes me run faster.... I have it on my playlist about 6 or 7 times so that I get it every 5 or 6 songs.

Unknown said...

Good tip - thanks! I'd have to agree - that song is a great kick-in-the-butt.